Are you planning to take steps towards enhancing your oral health and appearance? Dr. J and his team are here for just that! At Stellar Smiles Ortho, we are in the business of creating confident smiles. Our experienced orthodontic team is made up of trained listeners, ready to turn your dental desires into reality and guide you through dental recovery.
Our practice provides a free initial consult. This consult includes digital photographs, panoramic x-rays, and a 3D scan for smile simulation, all for free.
If you reside in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and have a bite problem or any other alignment issue, get in touch with us now to schedule your free consult.
Why You May Need Orthodontic Treatment
No matter how old you are, there may be more than one reason to choose braces as an adult. Unlike the widespread perception that your teeth’ appearance is the only factor in determining the need for orthodontic treatment, we look for several issues during an evaluation. These factors may qualify you for orthodontic treatment.
Signs that may indicate you need orthodontic care include:
- Mouth breathing
- Difficulty chewing food
- Underbite or overbite
- Jaws that make sounds, shift, protrude or are recessed
- Disproportionate jaws compared to the rest of the face
Experience Greater Comfort Through the Latest Orthodontic Appliances
Our team uses the latest appliance and innovative technology to provide you with the most comfortable teeth straightening options on the market. We offer a full suite of treatments and help you find the options that fit your specific case. During your consultation, Dr. J will take you through the procedures that will best work for you.
Our treatments available for adults include:
Traditional Braces: If your misalignment is severe, metal braces are one of the most effective treatments. Our dentist will attach brackets to the surface of each tooth and link them with a wire. The wire is tightened to generate light tension, which helps to shift the teeth into the proper position.
Technology Braces: This system uses lighter wires and shape-memory, which don’t need tightening. It reduces friction by using a sliding mechanism without the need for elastics, ties, or palate expanders.
Clear Aligners: We offer both In-House Go Aligners and Invisalign®, which are invisible orthodontic appliances made of clear plastic. They are convenient and can be taken off and put back on, allowing you to freely eat or brush your teeth. Clear aligners do not require any significant lifestyle changes.
Overbite and Underbite Appliances: Our practice offers advanced and comfortable treatments to fix your overbite or underbite issues.
Retainers: This is the final and most critical step in your treatment. Once your teeth are correctly aligned, we use a customized retainer to ensure that teeth do not move back to their old position.
What Type of Retainers Do You Offer?
Stellar Smiles Ortho provides the most effective and reliable teeth retention plan available. Our practice offers two styles of top retainers and one permanent lower retainer:
- The upper retainers are digitally produced using a 3D scanner to create an initial 3D model, which is then created using a 3D printer. The 3D printed model is very durable, and usually, multiple retainers can be made from it. By keeping that model, you can bring it back in the future for a discounted price on your next retainer.
- The lower retainer is a thin wire bonded to the backside of the teeth and so is not visible. They are permanent throughout the length of your treatment, providing you with excellent results and confident smiles.
- The fixed retainer is a thin wire bonded to the backside of the teeth and so is not visible. They are permanent and provide you with excellent results and confident smiles.
The Upper and Lower retainers are digitally produced using a 3D scanner to create an initial 3D model, which is then created using a 3D printer. The 3D printed model is very durable, and usually, multiple retainers can be made from it. By keeping that model, you can bring it back in the future for a discounted price on your next retainer. We also have the option of a thin wire bonded fixed retainer to the backside of the teeth and so is not visible. They are permanent and provide you with excellent results and confident smiles.
How Long Does It Take to Get Straight Teeth?
Orthodontic treatment can take anywhere from a few months up to several years, depending on the severity of your case and other factors like your age and the treatment method used. Before initiating treatment, Dr. J will set your expectations by giving you an estimate for your treatment length.
Top 5 Things to Know Before Getting Braces
It is worth knowing more about the process before committing to wearing braces. Even though the factors below are important, it is essential to realize that the braces you choose might make some of these factors less of a challenge:
- Time: Traditional braces usually take an average of two years to get the desired results. Other options may take less time, but it all depends on your specific case.
- Commitment: It is not about wearing braces only. Your treatment will work best if you put time and effort into caring for your teeth and gums.
- Cost: Our pricing is very competitive. We give comparable prices to the “treat yourself at home” options available on the market while providing full supervision, better results, and higher safety. We are honest and will make sure to provide you with effective, long-lasting, and affordable options to get the best value for your money.
- Lifestyle Change: The type of braces you use can impact your lifestyle. When using traditional braces, you may need to avoid certain foods or wear a mouthguard when exercising.
- The Shape of Your Lips: If you are using traditional braces, your lips might look different during the treatment period.
- What are Clear Braces?
Invisalign and Clarity clear aligners are two aligner brands providing a series of customized invisible trays used to straighten your teeth discreetly. They are designed for patients with mild to moderate misalignment. The process may take between six and eighteen months from start to end. For best results, you need to commit to wearing your clear braces 20-22 hours a day. We recommend these removable braces for adults and responsible teens!
Top Benefits of Invisalign Clear Aligners and Go Aligners
Invisalign and Go Aligners offer many perks, including:
Get peace of mind: Teenagers often receive aligners with particular blue compliance indicators to ensure they are wearing them long enough.
Enjoy your favorite foods: Eat all the foods you like. Just remove your aligners during meals, brush, and floss, then put your trays back on.
No need to change your lifestyle: Remove your aligners during recreational sports and other physical activities to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.
Improve your confidence: Clear aligners are made of transparent plastic, which is hardly noticeable by others. You can enjoy your life with no worries as they work to straighten your teeth subtly.
Improve your oral health: The ability to remove these aligners allows you to thoroughly brush and floss your teeth.
Fewer visits to the orthodontist: You will need to see Dr. J for a checkup every six to eight weeks. However, If you travel frequently, our team can always provide you with multiple sets of trays to use until you are ready to visit us to check on your progress.
Care Instructions When Wearing Traditional Braces
We cannot stress enough how crucial it is to brush and floss efficiently with braces. If your dental hygiene is inadequate, it could lead to food getting trapped in your dental brackets, raising your chances of developing cavities or gum disease.
When you first start using braces, it can be a bit tricky to brush your teeth. However, as you get used to them, you will quickly learn how to clean all surfaces of your teeth. If you keep finding it hard to brush, we have some recommendations that can help make your dental routine easier:
- Use a specialized brush designed for braces-wearers
- Use a floss threader. This is a flexible plastic needle that allows you to thread the floss between your teeth easily
- You can also use a water flosser for efficient flossing
You Are Never Too Old to Get an Appealing Smile!
No matter how old you are, orthodontics is suitable for every age. With the latest types of braces becoming more comfortable and less obtrusive, more adults are opting for teeth straightening. At Stellar Smiles Ortho, we offer you a variety of options to suit your individual needs, preferences, and budget.
If you live or work in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, we have two practice locations in Grapevine and Coppell. Our top-notch practice stores all medical records on a shared server, which means all your treatment information will follow you to your location of choice. Get in touch with us and schedule your free initial consult now.